1/2 pound Gluten-free or regular graham crackers http://bit.ly/W7llJK
3 tbsp salted butter
4-8ounce packages cream cheese at room temperature
1 cup coconut sugar http://bit.ly/1u2buSN
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon zest ( I did one lemon)
2 egg whites
non-stick cooking spray (to spray pan)
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick spray, and set it aside.
2. Break the graham crackers into small pieces and place them in a food processor or mini-chopper. Pulse 5 to 6 times, or until the crackers break apart into fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a bowl, and stir in the melted butter.
3. Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the prepared springform pan.
4. Using a standing mixer or handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Add the sugar, vanilla, and lemon zest, and mix until well blended. Add the eggs and egg whites, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour the mixture over the crust in the springform pan, and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until the center is almost set. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
5. When you are ready to serve, remove the sides of the springform pan, and spoon berries or the cherry topping over the cheesecake.
1 10 oz bag frozen berry mix
Juice from 1 lemon
2 teaspoons cornstarch http://bit.ly/1w3utvU
1/2 Cup water
1. Place the dozen berries, lemon juice, and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Add ½ cup of water, and stir well. Bring to a boil. Immediately reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens, 5 to 6 minutes.
2.Remove the pan from the heat and let the topping cool to room temperature. Then transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour.
*Recipe adapted from Elisabeth’s Hasslebeck recipe book.
My blog: http://www.kristenmee.com
Facebook: (KristenMee) http://on.fb.me/1cSbM9A
$10 OFF VITACOST COUPON HERE: http://goo.gl/SNnlQ1
Want to send me a post card?
PO BOX 51274
PHILADELPHIA PA 19115